The TeamThe Wave® is a surf brand and surf culture company building inland surfing destinations in the UK and beyond. We’re developing stunning destinations for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. We want to create engaging places for people to learn, laugh and stay healthy. We are ambitious and committed and we love this exciting journey.
Our inland surfing lake destinations are powered by the latest wave-making technology, offering perfect waves for all abilities. Embedded in stunning landscapes, we want to get people outdoors, into nature and enjoying life. All our work looks to make positive impact; balancing financial, environmental and social objectives... whilst being sustainable.
Our first two developments are in Bristol and London.
We’re looking for a Finance Assistant to join our team to support our day-to-day work across the full range of finance functions. You’ll be keeping the finances healthy and making sure we are super-efficient in how we run.
This is a full-time role in our buzzing Bristol Office (located on an Island!).
Stuff you’ll say to people at parties:
- “I’m part of an awesome team delivering inland surfing to people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities in Bristol, London and beyond.”
- “I love going to work and feel like I have huge opportunities ahead of me.”
- “I have an open & transparent approach with all the team and share their values & ethos.”
- “I do whatever is needed to get the job done, then I go surfing.”
- “I have a great work/play balance and I’m being developed in my skills every day.”
What you’ll get:
- Basic Salary of £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
- 22 Days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Full-time Position, starting ASAP
- Flexible Working Patterns
- Sponsored learning/ qualifications and time provided for studying if required
- Company Pension Scheme
- Plenty of tea, coffee and cakes!
- A cider pub next-door to the office!
We’ll count on you to:
- Prepare Monthly Management Accounts for Board Meetings
- Reconcile Bank Statements and monitor Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable ledgers
- Raise and send purchase orders, match against invoices received and follow up with suppliers
- Make online payments to suppliers
- Raise invoices to customers and assist with Credit Control
- Prepare and submit Monthly VAT Returns
- Update Cash Flow Schedule and Forecast for future transactions
- Assist with Monthly Payroll Duties, including Pension contributions
- Provide financial support during the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Assist with the preparation of Annual Financial Statements
- Assist with the Annual Audit Process
- Process Staff Expenses, including coding of receipts and invoices
- Assist the Team Administrator with booking travel & accommodation and other ad-hoc admin duties
- Purchase office equipment including furniture, computer equipment and stationery
- Manage the fixed asset register and assist with the calculation of depreciation
- Assist with the preparation and monitoring of financial processes
- Manage petty cash
- Assist with various ad-hoc finance duties including tenders, reporting and analysis
You’ll need to have:
- Previous experience working in a finance role in an office environment
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with accounting software – especially Microsoft Navision
- Great people skills, with an ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong attention to detail, with an ability to spot trends and errors
- An ability to work under pressure in an agile & fast-paced environment
We would love it if you were:
- Flexible (Not necessarily in a yoga kind-of-way!)
- Up for mucking in (We are still a start-up after all!)
If you’d like to apply:
- Please firstly apply below with a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
- Sorry - No Recruitment Agents!